Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bush is now the sexiest and most famous person on the team

Bush is so fancy now. She is being profiled this month on the website for Minnesota Women in Film and Television. Support her and check her out!

MEMBER SPOTLIGHT-- FEATURING CARRIE BUSH
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current Spotlight .... Carrie Bush interviewed by Susan Marks.

Meet Carrie Bush, our Member Spotlight for February and March. Carrie works in the local freelance production industry as a coordinator and assistant. However, Carrie’s reach goes beyond Minneapolis. Recently, she worked on a documentary film that took her around the globe for four months. (Be sure to ask Carrie all about her exciting adventures!)

Carrie also works on independent projects, including a documentary film she is codirecting with Carrie Volk and MN WIFT member, Molly Worre. The three directors received an IFP Access Grant for this film that follows two women living in the Harriet Tubman Family Alliance.

“Our working title for this film is REDEFINE,” said Carrie. “Through our documentary we are exploring the cycle of abuse and hopefully giving a good sense of where these women are coming from - telling a story that doesn’t usually get told in mainstream media.”

Like so many others in filmmaking, Carrie has a diverse background and eclectic education. Born and raised in Minneapolis, Carrie attended the University of Minnesota-Duluth, where she studied Cultural Anthropology and American Indian Studies. Carrie went on to teach Physics, Astronomy and Environmental Education in several nontraditional classroom settings, including a stint in Argentina. Carrie also turned her passion for camping and nature into a career, leading numerous canoeing trips for the YMCA.

According to Carrie, “I’ve had several careers, but my switch to filmmaking stemmed from the need I saw for more socially responsible media. I’m interested in being a part of the way the world communicates to one another. I love to know people’s stories from all over and see the interconnectiveness. And I decided I want to capture some of our rich oral traditions.”

While enrolled in MCTC’s Digital Arts Program, Carrie started working and interning for MN WIFT members, Melody Gilbert and Kathy Ferry. The mentoring experience had a profound effect on Carrie and she hopes to continue and give back through her involvement in MN WIFT.

“More often than not, I am one of the few women on set, so it’s great to be apart of organization that supports women in this industry. I love the comaraderie and the spirit of mentorship I see in MN WIFT,” said Carrie.

“My hope is to continue to work as a filmmaker in a sustainable work environment. I
love what I do and my goal is continue to help give underrepresented people a voice in media.”

3 comments:

Anonymous

SEXY is damn right. MEEOOWW!!!

Anonymous

OMG! Bush is SO hot and SO fancy! How can I get that girl's number! Happy Valentine for me!

Anonymous

Carrie Bush is a living, breathing PANTS PARTY!! I'd watch her film. Literally.

Post a Comment

Upcoming Events

  © Blogger template 'Portrait' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP